Tuesday 9 July 2019

Somthing new...

Finally the move has happened. Here we are, residents of Herne Bay. The workshop is now a pile of timber awaiting reconstruction, in it's new even larger form. Yes, I will be able to build an even bigger workshop in our new garden... But that is another story and will start in earnest, next week.

For now I have another new project. One of the things I wanted to do was to get a bike. Nothing fancy, you understand, just a bike to get me from A to B. I intend to use it to go fishing on and for trips to other local places along the coast. While sitting chatting with my brother, while out fishing the local estate lake, the other day, he was banging on about Shpock, - a social media based buy and sell portal. He said they sold all sorts of things and it was all local. Asking me if there was anything I was after, I said "Yes, a bike" within seconds he was showing me a bike for sale just a couple of miles from where we were sitting. "Buy it" I said and we did, collecting it on the way home.

The 'new' wheels...
The bike is a good, sound cheap example that needs a spot of TLC. It Is a Raleigh Max, 30-inch wheel, mountain bike. The last time I messed about with a bike must have been fifty years ago, it was all a bit different then. Now I need a whole selection of new tools and a different set of skills. First job is an inspection and a really good clean up. That chain and those sprockets look as if they need a bit of a clean up and some de-rust treatment.

To be continued... More in a few days.

Ralph.

No comments:

Post a Comment