Thursday 13 June 2019

Rain

Letting the light in - And the rain!
It has been raining for the past couple of days, but before it set in, I did manage to get some more of the felt off the roof and get another sheet of ply removed. I am so pleased I had only used 12mm ply on this roof. When I built the workshop, some fifteen years ago, I had not envisaged I would be taking it apart. The plan was to convert it into a home office for the new owners, whenever that might be. As it turned out, I have ended up dismantling it and taking the component parts with us, as the people we have sold the house to were going to demolish it. By offering to do it for them, I get to keep all the material to build a new workshop at our new house.

Now all I have to do is dismantle it and move it. Sounds simple if you say it quickly!

While it has been raining, I don't fancy clambering about on the roof so I have been lifting the floor so the rain can go straight through. I have also been cleaning up and de-nailing any timber that has been laying around. Hopefully, the weather will be dryer for the next few days, and some rapid progress will be the subject of my next post.

Ralph.

No comments:

Post a Comment